WORKING WITH TODAY’S YOUTH MEANS A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR EVERYONE
When you volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club, you can make a difference in the lives of youth and give back to your community. Within the first few minutes of walking into a Club, you know you’re in a special place. Filled with the sounds and energy of spirited children and friendly, caring professionals, the Club is a fun and hopeful environment. Whether you help with homework, coach a game, or teach an art project, you’ll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance, and have a positive impact on their lives. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people has a positive impact on you as well.
- Fill out an application & submit to our office in person or by mail: 939 Harris St, Eureka, CA 95503.
- Choose a site (Clubhouse, Eureka Teen Center, or McKinleyville Teen Center), schedule an interview with the Area Director and Unit Director for the corresponding site.
- Complete two background checks: Livescan at Scrappers Edge and one that we complete here at the Boys & Girls Club of the Redwoods.
- Volunteers are required to pay a $45 live scan fee and once they have completed 100 hours, they may request to be refunded.
- After passing background checks, orientation is scheduled which takes approx. 30 minutes.
- Once orientation is complete, date and times of service are scheduled with the Unit Director.