WORKING WITH TODAY’S YOUTH MEANS A BRIGHTER FUTURE FOR EVERYONE
When you volunteer at a Boys & Girls Club, you can make a difference in the lives of youth and give back to your community. Within the first few minutes of walking into a Club, you know you’re in a special place. Filled with the sounds and energy of spirited children and friendly, caring professionals, the Club is a fun and hopeful environment. Whether you help with homework, coach a game, or teach an art project, you’ll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance, and have a positive impact on their lives. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people has a positive impact on you as well.
Volunteer Application Process:
- Fill out an application & submit to our office.
- Choose a site (Clubhouse, Eureka Teen Center, or Mckinleyville Teen Center), schedule an interview with the Area Director and Unit Director for the corresponding site.
- Complete two background checks: Livescan at Scrappers Edge and one that we complete here at the Boys and Girls Club of the Redwoods.
- Volunteers are required to pay a $45 live scan fee and once they have completed 100 hours, they may request to be refunded.
- After passing background checks, orientation is scheduled which takes approx. 30 minutes.
- Once orientation is complete, date and times of service are scheduled with the Unit Director.
- What age group do volunteers work with?
Our Clubs support youth between the ages of 6-18.
- Where are the volunteer locations?
We have various locations including:
Clubhouse (Grades K-6th): located at 3117 Prospect Ave, Eureka CA
Eureka Teen Center (Grades 6th-12th): located at 3015 J St, Eureka, CA
McKinleyville Teen Center (Grades 6th-12th): located at 1705 Gwin Rd, McKinleyville, CA
- How old do I have to be to volunteer?
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to volunteer at our Clubhouse. Volunteers must be at least 21 years old to volunteer at our Teen Centers.